[scilab-Users] decompress text files

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Wed Jul 13 19:15:22 CEST 2011

hi

are you sure you've got gunzip available in your computer?

unix executes command lines.
be sure you understand the way those work. (if not,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_interface)

for instance, open a terminal, go to the relevant directory and try to
execute your command

gunzip -c Ctext.txt.gz

(not from scilab)

if this works outside scilab, it should work with unix.
if it works outside scilab but doesn't work from unix inside scilab,
that could be because the current directory in scilab is not the good one

if you dont have gunzip available in your computer, you probably have
another zip manager.
find out how to use it with command line

(for instance if you have winzip, google "use winzip with command line",
this should help. (then consider droping winzip for 7zip))

hope this helps

best regards

On 13/07/2011 19:01, lukeaarond wrote:
> I have a compressed text file (Ctext.txt.gz) that I would like to decompress
> and save as a normal text file (Ctext.txt). I found a unix command (gunzip)
> that possibly does this, but I cannot get it to work. My code in scilab is:
>
> unix('gunzip -c Ctext.txt.gz')
>
> This code seems to be doing nothing. What am I doing wrong? or is there a
> better way to decompress this file?
>
> Thank you.

*Adrien Vogt-Schilb*
Research Fellow