loader.sce in the contrib folder

Iai Masafumi ax iai at axelspace.com
Sun Jul 17 09:27:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to know what I have to do to have a file,
"SCI/contrib/loader.sce," be created during installation, or whether I
installed Scilab wrong. Without "loader.sce", the "toolbox" menu does
not appear on the menu bar.

I have installed Scilab5.3.2 (scilab-5.3.2.bin.linux-i686.tar.gz) on
Ubuntu11.04 running on VMWare Player 3.1.4 on Windows7, but did not see
a file "loader.sce" in the "contrib" folder . When installing it, I
simply extracted files from the binary, following the instruction given
in Scilab wiki (http://wiki.scilab.org/howto/install/linux). I am not
very familiar with linux in general.

I also have Scilab 5.3.2 (32bit) installed on Windows 7, which HAS
"loader.sce" in the "contrib" folder. "loader.sce" was created during
installation.

Why I do not see "contrib/loader.sce" on Ubuntu?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Iai