pressure drop/flowrate calculation in hydraulic loop

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Tue Jul 19 16:31:49 CEST 2011

David PICARD <d.picard at ...> writes:

> You can check out this MS XL spreadsheet, originally written for aerosol
> science, but that includes some formulae in fluid mechanics :
> http://www.google.fr/url?
sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tsi.com%2FuploadedFiles%
2FProduct_Information%2FLiterature%2FSoftware%2FAerocalc2001.xls&rct=j&q=aerocal
c.xls&ei=ge0jTt9OyMXxA8TW0coD&usg=AFQjCNG0R5kS2L5F3AF3vYJU46GBlpMS_Q&cad=rja

Hi,

The 1 dimensional partial differential equations which can model conservation
laws in pipes can be solved by finite volumes methods, for example. I collected
the existing finite volumes tools for Scilab on the wiki:

http://wiki.scilab.org/Finite%20Volumes%20in%20Scilab

The PDE block in XCos may interest you. But, overall, there is no general-
purpose industrial grade tool currently in Scilab, neither for 1D, 2D or 3D
fluid flows. This is why some of us suggested the following GSOC project :

http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor%20-%20PDE

But there were no student who applied on it.

If you are interested on this topic and want to lead a project, please contact
us.

Best regards,

Michaël Baudin