[scilab-Users] Volume calculation from closed meshed surface

Samuel GOUGEON Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Wed Jun 8 14:13:04 CEST 2011

  Hello,

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Carrico, Paul
Date : 08/06/2011 12:09:
> Dear All,
> I know it's possible to calculate the volume from a meshed closed surface
> (triangle, quads or mixed quads/triangle) ...
> Does somebody can give me some advices in finding documents and algorithmes ?
It depends on
  - which type of facets you are using (triangles, quads)
  - which type of vertices coordinates you are using (cartesian, cylindrical,
spherical)
  - which type of interpolation you are using over verticed facets : linear,
quadratic, cubic..
Moreover, the shape of the volume is of importance : without / with holes (ex:
sphere / torus),
   holes internal or connected to the outer space, etc...

All this stuff is about finite elements. So, many references about F.E. should
be convenient.

HTH
Samuel