Weird behaviour dealing with matrices

Eduardo Torrecillas eduardo.torrecillas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:11:44 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have some piece of code and noticed some strange behaviour. As the code is
complex and involves external compilation, it is a little bit difficult to
post it here, so I will try to explain it in a general way.

At some point in the code, I have a structure called interpolados, having 3
matrices. So, I have

interpolados(1).matriz
interpolados(2).matriz
interpolados(3).matriz

all of them are sized 497 x 95.

Later on, when trying to substitute a column of one of this matrices, I get
it destroyed.
The syntax I'm using is:

interpolados(1).matriz(:,3)=13

I was expecting to maintain the matrix and change only its third column, all
with 13. Actually what I'm getting is that interpolados(1).matriz is no
longer 497 x 95, but 497 x 1 (only 1 column, all full with 13).

System summary: Ubuntu 10.10 64bit + Scilab 5.3.2

Has anybody experienced that? Any issues?

Regards,

--
Eduardo Torrecillas