Can't start Scilab in Ubuntu 10.04LTS

Jaume Figueras i Jové jaume.figueras at upc.edu
Wed Jun 15 11:16:28 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I had been using Scilab from repos two months ago with no issues. Today
when I try to start scilab I get the following error:

Cannot find this look and feel:
[GTK look and feel - com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel] not
supported on this platform
Error during the initialization of the window: null

I suppose that an update has broken scilab installation.

I've tryed with all jre I've installed in my system through

sudo update-alternatives --config java

with same results.

Scilab version is:

Scilab version "5.2.0.1266391513"
scilab-5.2.1

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Cheers,
--
Jaume Figueras i Jové
Ubuntu User #14347 - Linux User #504317

Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Departament d'ESAII
Edifici TR11
Rambla Sant Nebridi, 10
08222 TERRASSA
Telf: +34937398621 (intern UPC: 98621)
Mòbil: +34650756456 (intern UPC: 44785)
Fax: +34937398628 (intern UPC: 98628)

Centre de Simulació i Optimització de Processos Logístics (LogiSim)
http://logisim.fib.upc.es

Enginyeria de Sistemes, Automàtica i Informàtica Industrial (ESAII)
http://webesaii.upc.es

Universitat Politècnica de Cataluyna
http://www.upc.edu