[scilab-Users] Scilab 6 syntax?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Sat Jun 18 15:19:07 CEST 2011

Hello,
Le samedi 18 juin 2011 à 05:23 -0400, Process Control a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> What is the scilab 6 syntax going to be like?
>
> What I understand is that the scilab 6 is going to bring a significant
> improvement in performance. How is it going to compare to MATLAB and
> R?
We are trying to introduce minimal changes to avoid incompatibilities.
We are improving the Scilab language by removing some bad corner cases
and also by adding stuff like cell and some other nice features.

Also, some types, which are currently based on other through macros, are
going to be native (and therefor much more faster). This increases
strongly the performances.

All changes will be fully documented with the first testing release of
Scilab 6.

Sylvestre