[scilab-Users] Web Scraping in Scilab

Samuel GOUGEON Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Tue Jun 21 11:05:15 CEST 2011

  ----- Message d'origine -----
De : lukeaarond
Date : 20/06/2011 22:40:
> I have been trying to extract information from a website using the UNIX()
> function. The information saved by UNIX() seems to be in xml format.
It is the target of your URL that is in xml. unix() does not convert anything.
xmltohtml() is dedicated to the processing of Scilab's help pages. help pages
are sourced in xml. Then, various functions translate xml sources in HTML pages,
or Java pages (embedded help pages), or into PDF, etc.

Now, your target is not a XML Scilab help file. So none of the Scilab xmlto##()
is applicable to it.

HTH
Samuel