using wget in scilab

lukeaarond lukeaarond at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:12:33 CEST 2011

*Calixte:*
I tried your code, but changed the directory to a folder on my computer
because Scilab said that 'cd: cannot go to directory /tmp'
my code, with the new directory is:

mydir='C:\Users\luke-rond\Documents\Molecular Evolution\Codes\URL Access\4
wget';
cd(mydir);
unix('wget http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NM_000419');
ii=find(ls(mydir)=='findme.txt')

ii is set to an empty array, meaning that 'findme.txt' was not found. A
possible reason, though doubtful, could that it is tryingt to save the file
where I do not have write authorization. However, I assume the file should
save to my current directory which I do have write authorization to.

When it 'worked' for you, what happened? did it save the file on your
computer? where?

*Mathieu:*

That sounds like a good plan. I am an amateur when it comes to unix. How
would I start Scilab from a shell?

Also, what do you mean by host instead of unix?

Thank you both for your help