using wget in scilab

lukeaarond lukeaarond at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:02:54 CEST 2011

Thank you all for your help. I realized that my main problem was that I did
not have the wget executable downloaded, therefore unix function in Scilab
did not know how to execute the wget command. For all of those people who
are reading this post with similar problems and wanting to know the answer
here is what we did in Windows 7:

*download the wget.exe file from http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/
*save it in C:\Windows
*set the system path to C:\Windows.
           setting the path is explained here (though is slightly different
for different computers)
http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx
*execute
    unix('wget -O findme.txt http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NM_000419')
  in scilab. findme.txt should be saved into your current directory.

Thank you again for all of your help