locate points on curve

Loïc GIROD Loic.Girod at esstin.uhp-nancy.fr
Fri Mar 4 06:36:44 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I made a script to draw curves from data files. Now, I would like to go
further in the script and add some automatic processing.

I need to get points on the curve made thanks to plot2d to know the points
coordinate and the position of these points in the two vectors used to draw
the curve.

For instance, the curve is made with plo2d(a,b). By pointing a point on the
curve, I get the “x-y” coordinates and the integer I that indicates the
value is at a(i) and b(i).

I have tried the locate function but it get the points on the graph window
and not only on the curve. Is there any way to do that ?

By the way, is it possible to get the position of the points in the vector
used to draw the curve ?

Many thanks and don’t hesitate to ask me for precision.

Best regards

Loïc