[scilab-Users] fprintfMat in Scilab 5.3.1

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Wed Mar 23 09:28:26 CET 2011

hi

i think you should post a bug about fprintfMat not accepting "\t"

a workaround may be : ('%1.5e'+ascii(9))

you can also use write_csv or csv_write which are higher-level functions
that accept a "sep" argument, ascii(9) I believe in your case

if i may recommend you to name the files made that way "matrixname.tsv"
(like Tab Separated Values instaed of Coma Separated Values), you'll
find out that Excel open tsv file corecctly without doing anything. (if
you actually use Excel)

Le 23/03/2011 00:16, Didier Bodin (Dr) a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that the "fprintfMat" function does not allows format
> incorporating  tabulation (for instance '%1.5e\t'). It does not
> include a tab character but write \t between the columns.
>
> This feature was available in scilab 5.2.x and was very useful to get
> pretty text files without using "mprintf".
>
> Do you have any solution to that problem ?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Didier Bodin
>
> PS: you can either answer in French or English as I am French living
> in Australia

> Didier Bodin (Dr)
>
> Senior Research Engineer
>
> Research and Consulting
>
> *AR**R**B Group Ltd**
> *500 Burwood Highway
>
> Vermont South VIC 3133
>
> AUSTRALIA
>
> *P:*+61 3 9881 1527 | *F:* +61 3 9887 8104 | *M:*
>
> didier.bodin at arrb.com.au <mailto:didier.bodin at arrb.com.au>
>
> www.arrb.com.au <http://www.arrb.com.au>**
>
> Safer Road Surfaces -- Saving Lives
>
> The 3^rd International Road Surface Friction Conference, Safer Road
> Surfaces -- Saving Lives, will be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland,
> Australia between 15 and 18 May 2011. Early Bird Registration (closes
> 31 March 2011), visit *www.friction2011.com.au*
> <http://www.friction2011.com.au>
>
> We invite you to attend the conference and explore the region as the
> Gold Coast has not been directly affected by the Queensland floods or
> cyclone.
>
> **
>
> Legal Note: This email and any files transmitted with it are solely
> intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information
> that is confidential and privileged. If you receive this email in
> error, please advise us by return email immediately. Please also
> disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
> immediately.

> This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and
> cleared by *MailMarshal *

*Adrien Vogt-Schilb*

Research Fellow

vogt at centre-cired.fr <mailto:vogt at centre-cired.fr>