[scilab-Users] Error while performing remote login: X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

Sam Mathew sam at cctech.co.in
Fri Mar 25 12:02:46 CET 2011

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response but actually this has been the way I have
been connecting to ssh (i.e., ssh -X sam at server) so far.

I went down to the server to see if the same problem persists if I work
directly on the machine, but the same message appeared.

*X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication*

Scilab started as it did on my PC remotely. When I try to plot it gives the
following message: *NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl
(Permission denied).*

Interestingly, the plotting is working though and I don't understand the
importance of this message then.

But I cannot sit on the server and work but would like to work from my PC
remotely. Is there any solution?

Regards,

Sam