Troubles with scinotes!

Michael michael.legenstein at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 26 14:42:31 CET 2011

<mailto:users at lists.scilab.org>Hello,

i have got a huge problem with scinotes. Everytime I try to open it I'm
getting this message from scilab:

[Fatal Error] scinotesConfiguration.xml:1:1: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
Could not load file:
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Scilab\scilab-5.3.1/scinotesConfiguration.xml
[Fatal Error] scinotesConfiguration.xml:1:1: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
Could not load file:
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Scilab\scilab-5.3.1/scinotesConfiguration.xml
     at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(Unknown Source)
     at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(Unknown Source)
     at org.scilab.modules.scinotes.SciNotes.scinotes(Unknown Source)
     at
org.scilab.modules.scinotes.utils.ConfigSciNotesManager.checkVersion(Unknown
Source)
     at
org.scilab.modules.scinotes.utils.ConfigSciNotesManager.createUserCopy(Unknown
Source)
     at org.scilab.modules.scinotes.SciNotes.createEditor(Unknown Source)
     at org.scilab.modules.scinotes.SciNotes.launchSciNotes(Unknown Source)
     at org.scilab.modules.scinotes.SciNotes$2.run(Unknown Source)
Warning !!!
Scilab has found a critical error (Unknown exception)
with "editor" function.
Save your data and restart Scilab.

I have been using Scilab just for a few weeks now and since a few days
I'm getting this error message everytime I try to open the editor.
Reinstalling didn't help and I don't know what else to do. Maybe you can
help me.

Best regards

Michael Legenstein