[scilab-Users] scilab on mac osx

Sam Mathew sam at cctech.co.in
Wed Mar 30 05:26:23 CEST 2011

May be the following message from Sylvestre answers your problem. It's
nothing you can do for some time to come. Scilab won't work on MacOS X .
They're working on it to fix it.

------------
Hello,

Le mercredi 16 mars 2011 à 18:09 -0300, "João Daniel N. Duarte" a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is there a version of Scilab for MacOS X 10.5 Leopard? I looked for it
> on the website but just found a Snow Leopard version.
Unfortunately, Apple did a massive refactoring of the Java packaging.
While doing so, they broke a component Scilab is based on (which
explains why Scilab used to work under Mac OS X 10.5).
We opened a bug report on the Apple bug tracker but we haven't hear back
since then.

For the technical explanation, see:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Java-dev/2011/Feb/msg00083.html
One of Apple engineer replied privately:
"yeah, I think it is a bug, please report it, and if it's not a bug,
we'll get back to you quickly ... but it sounds like a bug."

Sylvestre

--
*Sam Mathew* | Asst. Manager, CFD
*Centre for Computational Technologies - CCTech**