Installation of Scilab 5.3.1 and MinGW Compiler Suite

Detlef Schmitz detlef at schmitz-du.de
Sun May 8 10:56:36 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I installed Scilab 5.3.1 (32 bit) and the Min GW Compiler Suite (32 bit) on
a Windows XP (SP3) machine.

Scilab 5.3.1 runs fine without any problems. Also xcos made no problems.
After that I tried to use some blocks of the electrical palette in xcos. The
modelica compiler runs but after that the linker (ld.exe) could not find
some functions like for example imalloc.

I looked into the the defined folder and no library was stored there. A
comparison with another machine (Windows 7 64 bit) made it very clear that
there must be much more files stored in the library folder.

What can I do to create the libraries?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Detlef Schmitz

mailto: detlef at schmitz-du.de