2D surface plot : color scale adjustments

CHEZE David 227480 david.cheze at cea.fr
Wed May 25 16:27:24 CEST 2011

hi,

i would like to force the upper and lower bounds of color scale in a
surface plot (not automatic min/max adjustment): for quick visual
comparison between multiple plots, with the same reference but min max
value that can vary over a wide range of values. Is it possible to do it
through a dedicated functions rather than by inserting artificial min
max values in the data that i want to plot ?

for example I have an array A  of value ranging from 0 to 10 and and
another from 0 to 1000 : if I plot this 2 sets of values in 2 different
plots, color related to 10 in A-plot and related to 1000 in B-plot is
the same for a given colormap.  I would like to force the colormap
'scale' of B-plot to these of A-plot.

Thanks for your help,

David