[scilab-Users] use scilab with existing java

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:34:48 CET 2011

On 02/11/2011, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org> wrote:

>> > This declaration is wrong.
>> > JAVA_HOME must point to a path which should be
>> > /usr/local/java/java
>> > here
>> >

>> But this works for other java programs?
> It should not.

I assure you it does, for examples using jedit, freeplane, rssowl.

> Anyway, first, why are you not using Scilab official binaries ?

Because it wants to install extra java software and I have already
java installed.

>> > JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/java scilab
>> > should start Scilab
>> >

>> scilab didn't start, command terminal output:
>>
>> /usr/local/java/java/jre/bin/java /usr/local/scilab/scilab/bin/scilab
>> .usr.local.scilab.scilab.bin.scilab
>> .usr.local.scilab.scilab.bin.scilab
>> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:434)
>> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:660)
>> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:358)
>> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:626)
>> Could not find the main class: /usr/local/scilab/scilab/bin/scilab.
>> Program will exit.
> Please use the exact command as I told you:
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/java /usr/local/scilab/scilab/bin/scilab

That does not work:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/java /usr/local/scilab/scilab/bin/scilab

Could not load JVM dynamic library (libjava).
Error: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If you are using a binary version of Scilab, please report a bug
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/.
If you are using a self-built version of Scilab, update the script
bin/scilab to provide the path to the JVM.
The problem might be related to SELinux. Try to deactivate it.

Scilab cannot open JVM library.