[scilab-Users] what is the advantage of scilab compared to matlab

Tim Paysen tpaysen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 10 20:19:59 CET 2011

Not only is the obvious advantage of being open-source a big plus, but it also
has the power to be improved by individual users as necessiy arises; its
structure is completely transparent to the user.  It is also easier to use in
many respects--for example, you can program a function right into an immediate
application--no need to store the function, and call it up seperately (this also
provides a way to 'tweak' the function to meet specific programatic needs).

AND--updates are freely available (the open source nature can not be ignored)

TP