[scilab-Users] Reading an Excel file with mixed strings and numbers

Petter Wingren petterwr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:10:18 CET 2011

Was hoping not to have to do it that way, as I have a huge amount of
files and every little step I can avoid saves time.

Also read_csv seems to be extremely slow..
I tried reading a 30000 cells sheet, which took 460 seconds
Writing it as .sci and loading it again (after clearing) took 0.2 seconds.

Guess I could make a script to take care of that and reformat all
files during the night.