Parallel execution

christian.wohlschlager@jku.at Christian.Wohlschlager at jku.at
Fri Nov 18 07:45:24 CET 2011

Hello Again !

Today i ran the example programm (the simple one with
function a=g(arg1)
  a=arg1*arg1
endfunction

and
tic;res=parallel_run(1:2000, g);toc

while doing this i start top -u<user>
i couldnt see any parallel runs
so i start again 3 times

the result was that the computer did't answere any more , we found out that
more than 9000 !!! processes iwere running we had to start the machine
again.(we have a SGI UV 1000)
I think the problem was that he started with nb_workers=0 which means take
every cpu and this 3 times.
Thats my first clue am i right. how default to start with 8 provessors ?
i also think that the command top didnt show me the right thing.

christian