[scilab-Users] Re: scilab on Ubuntu 11.10

Charles Warner cwarner.cw711 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:25:49 CET 2011

"install libgl1-mesa-swx11 or removing libgl1-mesa-glx should fix the
issue."  The problem is, other software may require libgl1-mesa-glx-
changing to *-swx11 may break something else.  The two libraries apparently
cannot co-exist on the same system.  I encountered this with a couple of
other software packages I have been working with- the solution is a dual
boot system, one with *-glx to satisfy one software package, the other with
*-swx11 to satisfy the other software package.  Not an elegant solution...