path

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:09:03 CEST 2011

Hello, all,

I have some simple questions, I knew their answer, but I wonder if
things in recent scilab versions:

- Is there anything like a search PATH setting? For instance, I would
like to execute myscript.sce, but without specifying its full path. I
would also like to load a function automatically if it is in the path,
more or less matlab style.

- Aliases: is there a way to define an alias to a function? for example,
    alias ("doc", help)

There is newfun/funptr combination to do this, but I wonder if
something simple like the above, for all types of functions, are
available.

Thanks,
Ricardo
--