scilab and condor

jvf flora-joseph at sc.edu
Thu Oct 20 22:04:17 CEST 2011

Thanks Allan. Adding a "-1" to your commands suppresses output and works
well.

C:\HPC\scilab-5.3.3\bin\scilex.exe -nb -nouserstartup -nwni  -e
"exec('%CD%\myfile.sce',-1);quit"

I have a new problem though. I thought Scilab was launching under condor but
it is not. The programs run fine locally on the target machines but fail
when submitted via condor. I could trace the error to a condor log file that
says:
     Error: Impossible to define SCIHOME environment variable.

When I type in SCIHOME in scilex, it gives
c:\docume~1\myname\applic~1\Scilab\Scilab-5.3.3. When I look in the condor
manual, they say that jobs submitted are under myname. I have administrative
level rights on the submitting and target machines. My colleagues and I
successfully run jobs that access other installed programs via condor. I'm
not sure if this is a condor or scilab or communication issue.

I'd appreaciate any help. Thanks.

Joe