[scilab-Users] Q: What is the correct procedure to install a module like the sndfile Toolbox?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Oct 26 01:05:04 CEST 2011

Le 26/10/2011 00:30, Scott Lake a écrit :
> I am a brand new user.  I have tried to find documentation about how
> to install external modules like the sndfile Toolbox, but I have not
> found the details on how to do this.  I could not find it in the wiki
> nor the archive of the mailing list, so I'm sending out this message
> hoping that someone can answer.
sndfile is distributed through the external module manager so-called ATOMS.
To launch it, just click on the icon like a box (a package) in Scilab.
Then sndfile is available in the /optimization/ category or in the /data
acquisition/
category (please do not ask why. IMO, both are unrelevant for this module
that should be in the Data handling category):
http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/sndfile_toolbox

Then, follow the ATOMS interface : It should be a click-and-start procedure.

Regards
Samuel