[scilab-Users] predefined functions in Scilab

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:54:17 CEST 2011

Hello

> For your problem you should have a look at the funcprot function.
>
> However, the default mode is to issue a warning when redefining predefined
> functions.

Thanks for reply.

I tried following
 A  =

    2.    3.    4.    78.

-->funcprot(2)

-->sum(A)
 ans  =

    87.

-->sum=98
      !--error 223
It is not possible to redefine the sum primitive this way (see clearfun).

-->deff('y=f(x)','y=x*x')

-->deff('y=f(x)','y=2*x*x')
                         !--error 111
Trying to re-define function f.

User defined function should be redefined. At the same time scilab
predefined functions should not.
I tried following:

-->clearfun f
 ans  =

-->clearfun sum
 ans  =

Now it is allowing to redefine sum which should be protected. On the other
hand it is not allowing to redefine the function f. Which one needs to
redefine several times in one session.

What is going wrong? Am I missing something.
Regards

--
Manjusha S. Joshi
Mobile:  09822 319328