[scilab-Users] Export_to_hdf5

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Apr 6 16:22:58 CEST 2012

On 06/04/2012 13:50, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Bonjour Antoine,
>
> Le 06/04/2012 13:21, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit
>
> [...]
> First, about HDF5, we merged in the master the last step to our HDF5
> transition.
Wait a bit: do you mean I can grab  the last master and try to load one
of my hdf5 files using load?
> We are introducing the SOD (Scilab Open Data) format which is based on
> HDF5.
> The current behavior of the save/load functions are not changed but a
> warning will be triggered.
> The right behavior is now to call :
> save("myDataFile.sod","a","b")
> The SOD file will be usable by any other HDF5 library/applications. The
> format is open and fully documented (see SEP #64).
> This will be the default format for Scilab 6.0. The previous format will
> be dropped.
> We will communicate more on that with the 5.4.0 release.
> This format has been already used in Scilab/Xcos for a while and is
> fully covered by our test suite.
> For those who used export_to_hdf5, it is exactly the same format (with
> the management of graphic handles).
>
>> I just saw that octave now supports hdf5 natively.
>> It seems to be able to load the files we work with.
> Could you share an URL ?
Her, well, I can provide some test files if you want, but if your
question is about octave, I just installed it and open a *.h5 file using
load!
For the test files, thay can be fairly big (~100MB).
>> Could you base your approach for hdf5 support on octave implementation?
> We are not trying to follow other implementation but use inspiration
> from other projects to provide what we believe to be the best solution.
> But sure, we will have a look!
Cool!
The point in our case is not to export to hdf5 but import hdf5 files
where we are not able to modify the way they are generated...
> Thanks for your input!
> Sylvestre

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche