[scilab-Users] API_Scilab example

Mikhail Matusov matusov at squarepeg.ca
Tue Apr 10 19:07:19 CEST 2012

Hello Sylvestre,

Thank you for your response. I am having difficulties trying to implement
any of the examples. The documentation seems to be looped to itself. Would
it be possible to add some instructions on how the examples need to be
compiled in different environments?

For example, I tried running builder.sce from
http://wiki.scilab.org/Accessing%20a%20Scilab%20matrix%20from%20a%20C%20interface
and got the following result:

-->exec('C:\Projects\SciLab\work\builder.sce', -1)
WARNING: Feature ilib_build is obsolete.
WARNING: Please use A managed file extension for input argument #3 instead.
WARNING: This feature will be permanently removed in Scilab 5.4.0

WARNING: ilib_build: Wrong value for input argument #5: "" or "[]" expected.
   Generate a gateway file
   Generate a loader file
   Generate a Makefile: Makelib
   Running the makefile
WARNING: Feature ilib_compile is obsolete.
WARNING: Please use A managed file extension for input argument #3 instead.
WARNING: This feature will be permanently removed in Scilab 5.4.0

   Compilation of test_matrix
   Building shared library (be patient)

!Creation of dll libtest_matrix.dll and import lib from ...
!
!
!
!libtest_matrix.obj
!
!
!
!   Creating library libtest_matrix.lib and object libtest_matrix.exp
!
!
!
!libtest_matrix.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _test_matrix
!
!
!
!libtest_matrix.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
!
!
!
!NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\bin\link.E!
!     XE"' : return code '0x460'
!
!
!
!Stop.
!
!--error 10000
ilib_compile: Error while executing Makelib.mak.
at line      76 of function ilib_compile called by :
at line     107 of function ilib_build called by :
ilib_build(ilib_name,table,files,libs,'Makelib',ldflags,cflags,fflags)
at line      20 of exec file called by :
exec('C:\Projects\SciLab\work\builder.sce', -1)

Thanks,
/Mikhail