SCILAB GRAPHICS ON UBUNTU LINUX 11.10

Samuel Enibe samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng
Mon Apr 16 01:49:16 CEST 2012

Dear Sirs,

 i have been a heavy user of the excellent software SCILAB for over a year
now on the UBUNTU LINUX distributions.
Recently, I purchased a new laptop and installed   UBUNTU 11.10 in it.

Unfortunately, the SCILAB 5.3.3 I installed from the UBUNTU website does
not display any graphic images, but does other jobs well. I tried to
overcome this problem by downloading SCILAB 5.4.0 ALPHA and installing it
manually but this does not work properly as it did in UBUNTU 11.04.

A fellow staff who recently upgraded from UBUNTU 11.04 to 11.10 is
experiencing the same problem.

It will be appreciated if you can help me solve this problem.

--
Prof S O Enibe
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria