[Scilab-users] pfprintf, msscanf errors

Steve Curtin scurtin at mems-issys.com
Wed Aug 29 22:08:03 CEST 2012

Hello All,

I have a question about formatted input and output which seems to fail
almost capriciously.

For instance I have the following line in a program:

  mfprintf(outf,'%f\t%f\n',var_a,var_b);

and I sometimes (not not always) get the following error:

                                                       !--error 998

printf: Not enough arguments.

Likewise I've tested the following line in a small program, the following
line works fine and reads all the variables

                                [numargs, var1, var2, var3, var4, var5,
var6, var7, var8, var9, var10, var11, var12, var13, var14, var15, var16]...

                                                = msscanf(inline,'%s %s %s
%d %d %d %f %f %f %f %d %f');

but when I paste it into a bigger one I get the following:

f(inline,'%s %s %s %d %d %d %f %f %f %f %d %f')

                                                !--error 207

sscanf: Wrong type for argument 1: Matrix of strings expected.

I'm more used to straight compiled C, is there another approach that works
better for SciLab?

This is  on the Windows platform, I'm using 5.3.3. and the 5.4.0 beta2.

Thanks, Steve