[Scilab-users] problems with script execution from SciNotes

Jeff jeff at hamannclan.net
Thu Dec 6 14:29:36 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm running SciLab 5.4.0 on OS X 10.6.8 and am having a problem
opening a figure from an sce script that I am working on. The text
of the script is:

f = figure("figure_name", gettext("test window"),...
    "BackgroundColor",[1 1 1],...
    "Tag","test_window");

Nothing else except comments.

̇When I execute the script from SciNotes I see no response. But if
I execute from the menu "Execute->...file with echo" I do get my
window to appear. I presume this is happening because the script
contents is being executed from the echo'd console, but I could be
incorrect on that.

As part of my troubleshooting I made a copy of the demo script
uicontrol.dem.sce (which works fine) and tore it down until
everything is deleted or commented except the same code as above.
This does produce a blank window as expected when I execute it
from SciNotes.

If I copy this command from the working (torn down)
uicontrol.dem.sce file into a brand new sce script it doesn't show
a window when I try to execute.

I have tried executing the new scripts from the same director
as my copy of the demo code. No change.

What am I missing?

Thank for your assistance. Hope I'm clear on my explanation.

Warm regards,
Jeff