[Scilab-users] Surface plotting without averaging?

byronmillet byronmillet at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:12:14 CET 2012

Hello,

I am trying to produce plots representing the surface of a plane of glass
from raw deflectometry data.

I have successfully produced good plots for most of the data.

However, now I am trying to produce a color-coded tolerance plot of each
individual location on the plane.

That is, I have code that determines whether or not a location failed
tolerance criteria and creates a matrix of numbers representing 3 possible
outcomes and sets the numerical value for that location to:
     1 if the location failed tolerance
     0 if it passed tolerance
     -1 if the location did not contain valid data for the tolerance test.

For previous plots I used the Sgrayplot command which worked quite well, but
for this, the plot does not show the detail that I require.
I also tried grayplot but it still does not show the precision I need.

I know that the reason for this is due to how these plot routines determine
the color for each square on the surface (taking the average of the data
from each corner).

However, I am looking for a way to plot each data point as a color coded
point on the grid with the color determined only from each individual data
point.

There are just over 62000 locations on the plane that I have data for.

Does anyone know of a way to produce a plot of this type using Scilab?

Thanks,

Byron