[Scilab-users] Generalised eigenvalues

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Fri Dec 21 10:53:40 CET 2012

Hello,

I'd like to convert the following Matlab script

[gevec, geval] = eig(S, C);

(see http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/CVonline/LOCAL_COPIES/FITZGIBBON/ELLIPSE/ )

The MathWorks page
http://www.mathworks.fr/fr/help/matlab/ref/eig.html
tells me these are the generalised eigen-values and-vectors.

According to the Scilab help page, spec seems to works a bit differently.

I guess I have to do something like

[al,be,gevec] = spec(S,C)
geval = al./be

but this is a bit beyond my math skills.

Am I right or is the truth "out there"?

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer