[Scilab-users] Fwd: How to Install new SCILAB Release in UBUNTU 10.10

Samuel Enibe samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng
Wed Dec 26 09:04:00 CET 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Enibe <samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng>
Date: Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Scilab-users] How to Install new SCILAB Release in UBUNTU
10.10
To: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com>

Thanks Sylvestre.

SCILAB version 5.3.3 installed from the UBUNTU package system works very
well without any problem.

When I try to run the new SCILAB version 5.4.0 from the terminal, it
produces the following error messqges:

*Could not load JVM dynamic library (libjava).
Error: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If you are using a binary version of Scilab, please report a bug
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/.
If you are using a self-built version of Scilab, update the script
bin/scilab to provide the path to the JVM.
The problem might be related to SELinux. Try to deactivate it.
Please also check that you are not trying to run Scilab 64 bits on a 32
bits system (or vice versa).

Scilab cannot open JVM library.

Thanks for your kind assistance.
*

Samuel Enibe

--
Samuel Ogbonna Enibe
BEng (Nig), MSc (Reading, England), PhD (Nig)

Email: samuel.enibe at unn.edu.ng
     enibesam at yahoo.com