[scilab-Users] Size of the X and/or Y axis labels

Serge Steer Serge.Steer at inria.fr
Tue Feb 14 18:08:03 CET 2012

Le 14/02/2012 17:26, CRETE Denis a écrit :
> Hi,
> I tried many different ways to increase the size of the text labelling the x and y axis of a graph. Among them:
> xtitle('','T [K]','Ic [mA]',font_size=3)
> which does not work. Does anybody know the command to incrase the font size of 'T [K]' and 'Ic [mA]' in a script (and not with the graphic properties editor, which will only work "manually")?
> Thank you in advance
> Denis

It is possible to change the size of the text labelling  labelling the x
and y axis of a graph using the xlabel and ylabel functions

plot2d(1:10)
//xtitle('','T [K]','Ic [mA]')
xlabel('T [K]','fontsize',3,'color',[1 0 0])
ylabel('Ic [mA]','fontsize',3)

an other away is to address parameters via handles
ax=gca(); //the handle on the axes data structure
xlab=ax.x_label //the handle on the x label data structure
xlab.font_size=3;
//note that many other properties can be changed in the same way
xlab.font_foreground=5;
xlab.font_style=9;
xlab.text='T [K]'';

Serge Steer