[scilab-Users] format(): limit of the number of digits

Serge Steer serge.steer at inria.fr
Wed Feb 29 21:08:01 CET 2012

In Scilab the computations are done using double precision floating points which have a relative tolerance near 1e-16. So digits with rank greater than 16 are generally wrong.

To display more digits one can use the mprintf function
-->mprintf("pi=%.40f",%pi)
pi=3.1415926535897931159979634685441851615906

But most of them are wrong.

Serge Steer
INRIA