Scilab Api

Enza Enza at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 15:03:54 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm just starting to use Scilab and want to access it via Api from Visual
Studio 2010 and C#.

I downloaded the example ".NET component and COM server"
(http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/NET-COMponent/source/tree/master/).
Then I wrote a console application that should only execute a script that
reads a matrix stored in a textfile:

read_matrix.sce:
A = fscanfMat('C:\...\matrix1.txt')

console application:
static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Scilab_Component.Scilab_API sa =
Scilab_Component.Scilab_API.Instance;

            sa.executeScript(@"C:\...\read_matrix.sce");
        }

But the executeScript-command always hangs in the
"waitEmptyCommandQueue"-loop of the Scilab_API-class. Also a series of
sendScilabJob-commands ends sometimes in this loop. Another problem is that
Scilab is never closed at the end of the program. What do I have to do to
properly close Scilab and how can I avoid hanging in the
"waitEmptyCommandQueue"-loop?

Thanks for your answers!

Enza