[scilab-Users] new api_scilab and stack-c.h

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Jan 13 23:44:45 CET 2012

Hello Till,

Le mardi 10 janvier 2012 à 15:13 -0600, Till Straumann a écrit :
> Hello.

> However, I'm unable to build any of the api_scilab examples
> without also including 'stack-c.h' (or I get a lot of errors)
> plus, at the top of stack-c.h we find
>
> #ifndef API_SCILAB_VERSION
> #pragma message("Using stack-c.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab
> instead (try 'help api_scilab'). Note the stack-c.h API will be removed
> after Scilab 6.0.")
> #endif
>
> so it seems we must
>
> #include <api_scilab.h>
> #include <stack-c.h>
>
> for now. Is that not somewhat broken by design?
Yes and no.
We tagged this file as deprecated to make sure developer understand that
api_scilab is the way to go.
Some provided by stack-c (checkRhs for example) we will be moved in
api_scilab for the 6 release.

stack-c.h will probably be empty (and/or trigger a warning)

> PS: I tried to compile the example given on the scilab-5.3.3
> help page for getVarType() (API Scilab>Low level functions>Variable Type
> (Scilab gateway))
>
> Unfortunately, the example doesn't contain any #include directives.
Right. We should include them. Done here:
http://codereview.scilab.org/#change,5928

Sylvestre Ledru
Projects manager
Community manager