SCIFANN tootlbox loading error

Marcin Stec mstec at ichpw.zabrze.pl
Mon Jan 23 10:34:07 CET 2012

Hi!

I'm trying to load SCIFANN toolbox (http://code.google.com/p/scifann/) and I
face problems while loading it.

SCIFANN is interface between SCILAB and FANN - fast artificial network
library. I compiled FANN library without problems (last revision 2.1.0 from
http://leenissen.dk/fann/wp/download/) then I built SCIFANN by executing
builder.sce also without any problems, but even after successful compilation
of both elements toolbox doesn't load. Here is screenshot form loading:

                       scilab-5.2.1

                 Consortium Scilab (DIGITEO)
               Copyright (c) 1989-2010 (INRIA)
               Copyright (c) 1989-2007 (ENPC)

Startup execution:

-->exec loader.sce;

 Start FANN Toolbox

 Load gateways
libsci_fann',list_functions)
                             !--error 236
addinter: The shared archive was not loaded:
/home/marcin/Pulpit/scifann/sci_gateway/c//libsci_fann.so: undefined symbol:
freeAllocatedSingleString
at line      39 of exec file called by :
  exec('loader.sce');
at line      21 of exec file called by :
exec( root_tlbx + '/sci_gateway/loader_gateway.sce' );
at line      25 of exec file called by :
exec(root_tlbx+'etc/'+'fann_toolbox.start');
at line      12 of exec file called by :
exec loader.sce;

 Here are some details about my operating system (copied from configure.log
created by builder.sce):

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##

hostname = ubuntu
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.6.32-37-generic
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #81-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 2 20:35:14 UTC 2011

Could you help me somehow?

Regards,

Marcin Stec