[scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Thu Jul 12 10:53:57 CEST 2012

Hi

The stack-c problem is quite normal, but I think it should still work, at
least up to Scilab-5.3.2 (which is what I use).  When I build the original
example (as given in the Scilab help system) with Visual C++ 2010, I get the
build log:

1>------ Build started: Project: CallScilab, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>  CallScilabTest.c
1>  Using stack-c.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack-c.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack-def.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try
'help api_scilab'). Note the stack-def.h API will be removed after Scilab
6.0.
1>  Using stack1.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack1.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack2.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack2.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack3.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack3.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>c:\documents and settings\mike\my documents\visual studio
2010\projects\callscilab\callscilab\callscilabtest.c(59): warning C4047:
'function' : 'int' differs in levels of indirection from 'void *'
1>c:\documents and settings\mike\my documents\visual studio
2010\projects\callscilab\callscilab\callscilabtest.c(59): warning C4024:
'StartScilab' : different types for formal and actual parameter 3
1>  CallScilab.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2010\Projects\CallScilab\Debug\CallScilab.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So although I see a message about stack-c, I don't get a compiler error and
the build succeeds and the final code runs perfectly.

When I build my example (that I sent you), I get no errors or warnings.  The
build log is:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: CallSciExample, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>  CallsciC.c
1>  CallSciExample.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My
Documents\Visual Studio
2010\Projects\CallSciExample\Debug\CallSciExample.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

If I comment out
//#include "call_scilab.h"
//#include "api_scilab.h"
then I get a lot of undefined symbol errors as I would expect.  I can't see
how you can build this without any errors.  Symbols like StartScilab should
be flagged up as undefined.

My best guess is that you have your PC or Visual C++ configured differently
from me.  All I can say is that the example I sent builds perfectly for me.
It may be that you don't have all the right include or lib files.

Just to be sure, I have packaged all the C project files for this example in
a zip file and mailed it to you (dungnguyenbk-AT-gmail-DOT-com) off-list.
Try that to see if it works.  If it does, you need to work back to find
what's different in your own example code.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't think I can help any more - I am just a
Scilab user.  Maybe one of the experts on this forum has some ideas.

Regards,
Mike.