[scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Fri Jul 13 09:55:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

When I run it, a Scilab plot window appears, updates the graph with random
data a few times and then disappears again.  The first time of running, it
may not quite work properly, because of the delay in loading all the
required DLLs, but the next time it runs perfectly for me.

You just run the code from within Visual C++ by pressing the run button (or
menu Debug, Start Debugging).  Alternatively you can just double click the
file CallSciExample.exe that is created by the build.

The Scilab plotting obviously uses Java, so you need to have the JVM
installed.   You should be able to see it in the list of installed programs
(Control Panel, Add or Remove Software).  Mine shows "Java(TM) 7 Update 5".
If you don't have Java, you can download it and install it from
www.java.com.  But since Scilab plotting requires Java, you would not be
able to plot with Scilab unless you have it already.

If you type plot() at the Scilab console, do you see the graphs?  If that
works, but my code gives you the error "Scilab can not open JVM library",
then I don't know what is wrong.  Perhaps an expert on this forum might
know.

HTH,
Mike.