[scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Fri Jul 13 15:45:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

This is just a common problem with Windows.  It searches for DLLs in a
defined set of directories.  That set won't by default include the place
where the Scilab DLLs are located.  If you are interested, there is an
article on this on the Microsoft website
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586.aspx).

There are two ways to fix this.  The simplest is to add C:\Program
Files\scilab-5.3.2\bin (or wherever is the correct location on your PC) to
the PATH variable.  The other is just to copy the required DLLs from there
to the same directory as the executable you are running (probably ...\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CallScilab\Debug).  This second method
sounds easy, but it usually takes a while to work out all the required DLLs.
If you just copy over call_scilab.dll, you will find the next error relates
to another DLL.  This process can go on for a long time until you find them
all.  Alternatively, you can find all the required DLLs using a tool like
"Depends" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/).

I think you can also do this using the Manifest builder in Visual C++, but
I'm afraid I don't know how :-(

I suggest you try the first method, but it depends how you want your PC to
be configured.  If you do this for every program you want to run, the PATH
becomes very long and this can also cause problems where multiple
(different) copies of the same DLL exist on one PC.

Good luck!

Mike.