How to force SCILAB to stop changing the range of the plot

allsey87 allsey87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:07:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think I must have tried almost everything to get SCILAB to stop changing
the range of the plot, and nothing has been working!

How can I force SCILAB to restrict the plotting range over a given interval,
respectively with a given aspect ratio, and not change the minimum and
maximum values on the axis regardless of whether the data is within the
given range.

This seems so trivial but the documentation is a bit incomplete in this area
I think, it seems to hint that setting the data_bounds member of the axis
will do what I want, but regardless of how and when I set the data_bounds
member the plot changes its range as soon as the data does not fit.

A couple related questions I have on this topic are:

1.clf; clear figure / does this also reset all axis members to their
defaults?

2. what is the difference between these two calls: ax = get("current_axes");
and ax = gca();

3. What impact does this command have, ax.auto_scale = "off";

4. after I modify ax, is this actually referring to my current axes, or is
it just a copy that I must then reapply using a set("current_axes", ax)?

Please help! =)