histplot confusing behavior

Lucian Sandor lucisandor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:38:48 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a series of numbers that came from a picture. I got them into Scilab
with imread(), converted them to double with double(), flattened them into a
linear array with matrix(myarray,1,-1)), and I am trying to create a
histogram.
I tried:

histplot (40, myarray)

and I got:

 !--error 999
dsearch   : the array val (arg 2) is not well ordered
at line      88 of function histplot called by :
histplot (40, myarray)

Not being sure what the order is about, I did sort it with myarray = gsort
(myarray) and still got the same error. I even transposed it, with no effect
in the error.

The mention of dsearch is confusing, because dsearch does work. For example,
dsearch (myarray, 0:10:260) proceeds without errors.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Or did I run into a bug? I am new to
Scilab, but experienced with Matlab.

Thank you,
Lucian Sandor