do i have to have a C compiler to run scilab?

shuib mnoor mnoorshuib at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:02:12 CEST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: shuib mnoor <mnoorshuib at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Cc: shuib mnoor <mnoorshuib at gmail.com>

asSalamu'alaikum good day to u good people of scilab doing good things for
humanity by offering a freeware important in technical and engineering, pls
keep it up and on, may ALLAH guides u all and me, then with ALLAH's
Guidance may u and me all be successful in this world and in the world
hereafter,

Dear good people,

1)
i have installed scilab 5.3.3 and try to run demo xcos of "DC/DC Boost
Converter", but a problem:

 "Flat Modelica :
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_3368_\Boost_Converter_imf.mo
 Simulation C code
:C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_3368_\Boost_Converter_im.c
   Generate a loader file
   Generate a Makefile
   Running the Makefile

!sorry compiling problem               !
!A Fortran or C compiler is required.  ! "

- the above was "said" by scilab, could u pls help me sort it out.

2) i'm studying power electronics, there is a software "PLECS" (u can
google it), which can be used in tandem with matlab,
    could u pls suggest me if there's any such software that is freeware
that can be used with scilab.

pls help me with these 2 issues, thank u so much,

mnoorshuib at gmail.com,
freewares liker and supporter,