500mo Ascii file

Tingsten remi.mercier at imelavi.fr
Wed Jun 13 21:47:16 CEST 2012

Thx you a lot Antoine,

Indeed the script you send works fine with "few lines". Then on my computer
it runs very slow (after 100000 lines it starts to be hard) and i need to
read much more ;-). My computer is correct so I don't think another could do
much better.

Moreover your script (don't see that as a critizme since mine was definitly
not better) is also loading data at least twice in the memory.First time
with mgetl in the variable data.Then in scan_data.

As far as i understand in terms of performance the csv_read function is
obtimized to load ascii file and would do the best job. Issue is how to
remove the headers?Can we delete the first lines of the file in Scilab (with
mputl maybe) or run csv_read starting from the 6th line?

Thx you,
Remi