RE [scilab-Users] Re: 500mo Ascii file

Tingsten remi.mercier at imelavi.fr
Tue Jun 19 14:33:18 CEST 2012

Hello Samuel and Michael,

Thx you a lot for your help.

First let's say that I found a reasonnable technique to do the job which is
:

f=mopen('my500mofile.txt','r');
data=mgetl(f,1);eof=0;
While eof==0,* mgetl(f,1);* data=[data;mgetl(f,1)];mseek(4100,'cur');
eof=meof(f);,end;

By adding a mgetl(f,1) that I "throw away" I have no more the issue of
recording a not complete line. So it does work with my 500mo file. Then by
changing the 4100 we can adapt to different type (and size) of file.

Regarding the script you send, I did try Samuel's that look great. For the
moment it goes out of the loop and goes false but I'll investigate why and
try it. It could be much more efficient than mine (only things is that you
read every line).

Michael, I'll also try your technique.

Have a good day,
Rémi