[scilab-Users] 3d-plot of points, but assigning each point with a specific color, how?

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Sun Mar 11 20:07:08 CET 2012

On 11/03/2012 19:31, Constellation Athome wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to plot points with 3d coordinates like this
> http://twitpic.com/8dj7r4 but I need to assign them with different
> colors, so that I can have a different color for each "cluster".
> how do I do that? and perhaps with bigger points, so that they are
> better visible ;).
>
> thanks in advance, Andreas
hi

you lay proceed this way:

for each cluster
     plot points in the cluster
     change color
     change mark style and size
next cluster

change color :
e=gce()
e.mark_mode = "on"; e.surface_mode = "off"
e.mark_foreground=4 //this will chose a color according to the current
color map. you can also use any RGB color :
e.mark_foreground=color(255,123,123)

change marks :
use :
e.mark_style
e.mark_size

(have a look at help mark_style)

here is an example (without the loop on the clusters)

plot3d
e=gce()
e.mark_mode = "on"; e.surface_mode = "off"
e.mark_foreground=color(255,123,123)
e.mark_style = 0
e.mark_size = 5
e.mark_size = .6