Fwd: Accurate probability distribution functions (GSOC 2012)

prateek papriwal papriwalprateek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:58:13 CET 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: prateek papriwal <papriwalprateek at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Subject: Accurate probability distribution functions (GSOC 2012)
To: michael.baudin at scilab.org

I am Prateek Papriwal, a second year undergraduate student persuing
Bachelors in Technology in the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, in the
department of Electrical Engineering. I love programming and mathematics .
I was told about GSOC 2012 by one of my seniors, who saw passion for coding
in me. I traversed through the previous year list of organisations and
thereby Scilab caught my attention, dealing with maths and algorithms . For
the last few weeks i have been going through the working of Scilab and have
gone through some of its modules. I have done a course on Probability and
Stochastic Processes last semster and found the project idea "Providing
accurate probability distribution functions" very interesting . Moreover
implemetation bernoulli process, poisson process , markov process can also
be done . Plus implementation of markov chains can also be done ..

Relevant Courses taken:

CSL 201 :  Data Structures And Algorithms -- Object Oriented Programming,
Trees Implementation , Sorting Techniques , Graph Theory ...
MAL 250 :  Introduction to Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes --
Probability space, conditional probability, Bye’s Rule , Bernoulli Trials,
Discrete random variables, continuous

random variables, order statistics , expectation , moment, transforms,
Stochastic Processes, Markov

Chains,and Markov processes, Queuing Theory, Queuing Models.

In CSL 101, one of my previous courses, I have implemented several
algorithms in C.

Other mathematics courses i have taken are --

MAL 111 :  Introduction to Real Analysis And Differential Equations
MAL 124 :  Introduction to Algebra And Matrix Analysis  ---  Group Theory,
Langrange theorems, Homomorphism and Isomorphism theorems, Permutation
groups, Rings

and fields, Ideals, Euclidean domains, Finite and Infinite fields,
polynomial rings, Matrix rings, Linear Algebra and

                Matrix
Theory, Finite Dimensional product spaces.

Involvement in Open Source Organisation

CMU Sphinx(SVN Repository)
RAXA JSS EMR(Git Repository) --
https://raxaemr.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RAXAJSS/Voice+Module+Project