[scilab-Users] arpack-ng compile error

Charles Warner cwarner.cw711 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:50:22 CEST 2012

Two comments on your error message:  your make file is trying to run
libtool with a "-g" option, which libtool does not recognize.  I am not
sure what the "-g" option is intended to provide, but you might try editing
the make file and eliminating this option on the calling line.
Next, why are you using Fortran77 rather than gfortran?  Is this a
requirement of the arpack-ng package?  If so, it is an indication that it
is built on pretty old technology...Some Fortran77 features do not compile
well on newer systems.

Charlie